During writing lessons at Hanbury Primary school we aim:
• To provide a rich and stimulating language environment, where speaking and listening, reading and writing are integrated.
• To provide an environment where pupils are encouraged to construct and convey meaning, both in speech and writing, of actual, real-life, imaginary and personal experiences.
• To provide opportunities for pupils to become confident, competent and expressive users of the language with a developing knowledge of how it works.
• To provide opportunities for pupils to be reflective users of language, able to analyse and evaluate its main features.
• To encourage pupils to have fluent and legible handwriting;
• To provide opportunities for pupils to communicate ideas through the use of ICT
• To provide opportunities for role play and Drama.
• To provide children with opportunities to reflect and analyse their learning through Assessment for learning.